Paper Plate Mask
Gather your family together for some mask-making fun. Everyone will want to make one!
Paper Lion Mask
You Will Need:
- Heavy paper plates
- Safety scissors
- Crayons, markers, or tempera paints
- Construction paper in fall colors
- Craft sticks
What to Do:
- Have an adult help you draw the lion’s face on the back of a paper plate. Let an adult cut out the eyes.
- Color the lion’s face using crayons, markers, or tempera paints. Don’t forget to draw the whiskers.
- For ears, carefully tear out two 2½-inch circles of brown paper. (Tearing makes the edges look furry.)
- To make the ears curl, have an adult cut a slit from the outer edge of each ear to the center. Overlap ¼ inch and glue. Glue the ears to the upper edge of the paper plate.
- For the mane, tear small strips of orange and yellow paper and glue them around the edge of the plate.
- For a handle, glue and tape (for extra support) a craft stick to the bottom inside edge of the mask.
- Have an adult help you draw triangles for the eyes and nose and a spooky grin.
- Let an adult cut out the eyes.
- Color this mask orange.